Friday, June 11, 2010

Top 5 Sandra Bullock Movies

I am a sucker for Sandra Bullock movies. I think it's because of that girl next door charm that she just oozes. And from a member of the girl next door club, that makes us very proud!

I put together a list of my personal top 5 movies that Sandra has been involved with. There is no particular order because I love each one for a different reason...

Practical Magic
I just love this movie - how cool to eat chocolate cake for breakfast and use magic everyday... I could live without that part about the men you fall in love with having an untimely death...


This print from perchtmilk makes me think about Practical Magic...

Speed
I'm not going to lie... This might be the worst movie of all time and that is precisely why I love it. My favorite line happens after they run over a baby carriage in the speeding bus. Sandra's character is panicking while Keanu Reeves character notices something "CANS! It wasn't a baby the buggy was only full of cans!"


This wristlet from jstephens13 reminds me of the bus in Speed!

While You Were Sleeping
This is such a wonderful, romantic movie about a very sad woman who finds love by accidently saving a man's life. Sandra's character is this sad woman who works as a ticket taker...


Although she wasn't in charge of vintage metro tickets, these tags from BlancEtCaramel are very neat!

Miss Congeniality
Beauty pageant drama is taken to the next level when there is a threat to kill the contestants. Enter, Sandra's character, a not so girly FBI agent who goes undercover to save the day!


A vintage 1920s tiara fit for a beauty queen! From CRBoggsDesigns

The Blind Side
I never thought I would become so involved in a movie about football. Okay, so maybe it's more about family and growth, but still, there's a whole lot of football involved. This is based on the true story of a family who takes in a homeless teen, Michael Orr. Sandra plays the mother, who is an interior designer (yay!!!) in this movie and she is fabulous as she supports a boy who becomes a football player in the NFL!


Sandra's character in the movie gives Michael Orr his first bed to sleep in, this is the part of the movie where I balled. This great bed frame is by kitschnkaboodle

What is your favorite Sandra Bullock movie?


It's not too late to enter the countrysoapsbymarlen $15 shop giveaway! Click above to go to that post. Contest ends Sunday, June 13th at 8 pm!

14 comments:

  1. I think Sandra Bullock is pretty amazing too and love her in The Proposal, I couldn't stop laughing, it was hysterical. If you haven't seen it I can highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, loved Miss Congeniality and While You Were Sleeping but I think my new favorite is The Proposal. Love Ryan Reynolds too! Haven't seen Blind Side yet but hear it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While You Were Sleeping will always be one of my favorite movies of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Miss C. and the blind side! Super great movies! I am stopping by via Fun Follow Friday! Feel free to stop by my blog sometime! Yours is super cute! I can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including my ticket tags to your post!
    All the best, Chani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything with Sandra Bullock in is worth watching. She has such comic timing but is an amazing serious actress too.

    Think it is time to watch Miss Congeniality again, thanks, T. :)

    Have a Wonderful Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched two Sandra movies last weekend!

    The Blind Side
    and
    The Proposal

    I loved them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra is great! She is finally getting her recognition, it's too bad her (ex)husband has been such a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved The Proposal...soo funny.... Sandra Bullock was great, Ryan Reynolds too cute, and Betty White was hilarious! I really could watch any of her movies over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, it's so hard to choose my favorite. i do love the proposal...but while you were sleeping is one of my favorites. :D great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of most of those movies but whenever miss congeniality is on tv I always end up watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved The Proposal... ok, it was because Ryan Reynolds was in it ;)

    Newest follower from Fun Follow Friday here! I'd love it if you followed me back!

    Happy Weekend :)

    Carol
    Mommy Wants Freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two of my favorite Sandra Bullock movies are old:

    My first is The Thing Called Love with River Phoenix and Dermot Mulroney and then I absolutely LOVE The NET!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and she was incredible in The Blind Side and I really like Hope Floats too. I'm a Sandy fan!

    ReplyDelete

Hey - so - what do you think?