Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday = List Day...


I think this week's TO DO list is a record breaker... I am almost to the back of my sticky note...

I am almost thinking of starting another one... but I get such joy out of crossing things off a huge list!

So things that need to be done soon are... wrapping my dad's birthday present, studying for 2 tests next week and finishing a project that's due Wednesday...

The project due Wednesday is going to be awesome! Christie and I are working on the Brody Cafeteria renovation. Our color scheme is blues and greens, although we were trying to go for purples - blue and green just kept showing up everywhere and we took it as a sign! We spent most of the afternoon working on refining the floor plan and working on elevations and perspective drawings. Christie is the best AUTO-CAD person I've ever seen --- just so quick and confident. I am average - hence why she does the CAD and I work on the furniture and finishes.... This is what I did today:













Our inspiration for this project is the era of the 1950s when the cafeteria was originally built. We used a lot of classic shapes that came around during that period. I am so excited to use the Eames plastic chairs - I am sitting in one right now - It's just amazing what you can pick up at a rummage sale! Of course all of these selections will be different colors - but stock photos only come in a few colors....

I am pretty much set on my graphic design logo... I am very excited about this as I was having a very hard time getting started on the project. After I have it critiqued tonight I'm sure I'll post it!

A very neat thing has started happening with the abused dog my boyfriend's roommates adopted... Wilma is no longer terrified of me... She's only been around since last June - it's taken her that long to warm up to me. And what else would one do when a dog that is afraid of everyone decides to like you? TAKE PICTURES TO PROVE IT! Wilma and I have had many a photo shoot recently and I am going to leave you with one of our
lovely shots!

Ok.. so she's really not into making faces---- but I am!


Off to make dinner - so I'm not late for class!

2 comments:

  1. aww, wilma is super cute :)

    I found your blog through the Etsy forums and just wanted to say hi and that you have a new follower! Have a beautiful week!

    xo, Katie
    http://www.kateandoli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's great to come across another like-minded student!!

    I tend to make huuuge to do lists as well...problem is they often end up being forgotten - along with the very important to do's listed on them!

    ReplyDelete

Hey - so - what do you think?