Monday, June 1, 2009

What a Beautiful Mess

After such a fun and busy weekend I am feeling blah about starting another week!

John and I had a great adventure trying to get his car to work after the torrential downpour on Thursday... We managed to avoid most puddles by tried to get through one to save time... We made it about 3/4 of the way through and the car stalled. On top of that smoke began to come out of the engine. What a wonderful thing to have happen to a car that he has only had for 2 weeks.

From the research that we've done, newer cars aren't able to intake as much water as older cars. I think that this is interesting as I would like my car to be able to handle going through puddles without dying. Oh well. We are putting a call into the dealer today to see what progress has been made.

Saturday we went to an event in Old Town Lansing called Chalk of the Town. Such a neat event! They had artists from all over drawing on the side walks. Although the art was beautiful I enjoyed going into the stores more than watching the chalk artists... :) My favorite store in Old Town in October Moon. They have such a beautiful set up with such lovely products. I got some new votive holders and great mint eucalyptus candles. Check out the store's website by clicking the great picture of the store front below:


Today during my web design class we started to make our own very basic web pages... Here are the links to mine for you to enjoy... I am going to warn you again... VERY BASIC!

https://www.msu.edu/~motzanna/mycourses.html

https://www.msu.edu/~motzanna/myweb.html

Also, I managed to snag a TREASURY today! It's the first time in a LONG time!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=61991


I don't remember how to get the treasury to show... so click away!

I must get going and run to my next class!
Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Great treasury and I remember my first web designing classes...frustrating but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun event! I love small towne shops! They are always so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crappy new cars. My brother bought a car last year, he made it 11 miles from the dealer and the car died.. It was an auction so his money was not refunded to him... :(

    Thanks for the links and yay for your treasury!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that small town shop looks sweet
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading about your car issues - I'm glad we have a truck!! LOL
    Wonderful treasury - congrats on getting into one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your car, who knew about new cars not being able to handle water. Hope your web design class is fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hey - so - what do you think?