Sunday, March 14, 2010

World, Meet Marianna of Stargirljoolz & myfredandginger

I always love getting to know other people who love Etsy as much as I do! It's a bonus when you find someone that is both a crafter and into all things vintage! I am so excited to introduce a fellow Michigander, Marianna of stargirljoolz and myfredandginger! She was very nice and answered a bunch of questions for me! I hope you enjoy her answers and that they inspire you!

How old were you when you began crafting?
From a very young age like 3 or 4. Art supplies have always made my heart go pitter patter.

What inspires you to make jewelry?
Vintage fashions, flea market finds, fabric patterns, bright colors, magazines and nature.

^Such a sweet flower ring! BONUS! It's upcycled! Click the photo to visit it on Etsy!


If you could pick a favorite piece in your shop, stargirljoolz, what would it be and why?
Oh wow, I don't think I could pick a favorite. I love funky and chunky pieces with vintage bits incorporated into them. I love to upcycle vintage pieces!

^ Although Marianna had a hard time picking a favorite... I did not! I just love these gorgeous earrings... click the photo for more info!

I noticed you have a vintage shop too -
How do you select the items you list on myfredandginger?
I tend to buy and list find that I absolutely love. Especially when I find a pair of shoes or a dress that isn't in my size but I just adore, it makes me happy to know someone else will get to enjoy it and in the mean time I can drool over them until they sell :)

^There are more fantastic finds, like this scarf, in Marianna's vintage shop, myfredandginer!

Where do you go about finding your inspiration?
Etsy is a great place to shop and find inspiration. Flea markets, antique shops, estate sales and google...I LOVE using the google image feature.

How do you organize you creative thoughts and ideas?
On my computer I fill up many "Inspiration" folders with pictures and I sketch a lot of ideas and pieces out in my sketch books. I'll also pull pictures from magazines or books, not necessarily of jewelry but sometimes it'll be a pattern or color combo in a dress or pillow that caught my eye.

What are some words that you live by?
Create what makes you happy.
Don't be scared to take chances or try something new.
Remember to stop and look around where ever you are, there's inspiration EVERYWHERE!
Go left when everyone else goes right, dare to be different and most importantly, laugh, smile and enjoy yourself each day!

Is there anything else you would like to share?
BUY HANDMADE! It's so important to support small businesses and local and artistans. Shop Etsy! There is so many great artists and shops it'll make your head spin...but in a good way :)

Please take a moment to visit Marianna's shops! She's a great Etsian who deserves your hearts, she is most certainly a favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! You're going to get me into trouble suggesting places like The Container Store. I LOVE that place. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey - so - what do you think?